Monday, January 12, 2009

*~ The Precipice ~*

I live on a precipice
Built of worry,
Teetering on the edge
Of panic.

Disquieted versus serenity,
Is it really possible to choose?
A friend told me
It is my choice to stand on
This razor sharp edge.

I hide from the truth
And live with the worry.

I inherited the gene.
I know I did.
It can not be a choice
To live like this.
It just cannot be.
He must be wrong.

No one would actually choose
To mar this amazing moment in time
With this dreadful worry of what might be,
What could be.

Tomorrow never really comes.
There is only today,
This moment in time,
This time to live and love
And to ... Be.

2 comments:

Wildstar Beaumont said...

you have a beautiful blog !

W

DanD said...

You have stated a wonderful lesson of life. Our worries drag us from the present, but the presnet is where our happiness is. Congratulations on an excellent poem with deep insights.