Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What is love really

Love lures me like a moth to a flame
Like a magnet pulled to metal.
Is there free will in this pull of the heart?
Can I draw back before it's too late
And the flame has devoured me?

Why do others not feel this like I do?
Why can they ignore the flame
And defeat the pull of the magnet?
Why can they just walk away
And seemingly not feel the pain?
I am different from these others.

Are men so very, very different from women?
Have they built hard shells that protect them
Like Knights with shining armor?
Why do I have only silks to tempt
And no defenses when I'm sucked in
Yet another time?

My heart rules me, not my head.
Does my heart run my brain
With some strange potent potion
That stops all sense from prevailing?

Why can he just walk away
Not even looking back?
Why is he in charge of he
And me?
Why?

1 comment:

DanD said...

The person whom you love has at least some control over you. You can gain your freedom only by losing that love.
But how sweet it is to give another love and control.