Wednesday, October 1, 2008

~* The Happy Man *~

I always knew from the very, very first,
That I was not the first of choices,
Maybe second, maybe third,
But I tried so hard to not let it matter.
Time shared is time shared
And I was happy and I had the thought,
Just maybe, just maybe, you were too.

But she came back into your life
And there was no way it could be hidden.
Never before and probably never more,
I saw the happy joy that was yours again.

What were all the times we shared?
Just a way to pass the time until ...
She found a way to make you hers again?

Together forever really,
Tied in a way even more than before,
Before a Role,
Now entangled in the legality of it all.

I cannot say to you my feelings
For I know what you will say
But I watch through tear- stained eyes
A really happy man once more.

No comments: