Tuesday, November 25, 2008

~*~ Choices ~*~

Right or left,
Up or down,
Every second,
Every minute,
For each day of our lives
We make choices.

Do we let our hearts make them?
Do we let our brains make them?
Do we let society make them?
Do we let someone else choose for us?

This life, this time is mine.
I want to make my own choices
But I seem to get so lost in this world
That I forget they are mine.

I so want to please.
I so want to do the right thing.
I so want to make everyone else feel right
That sometimes I let everyone else come first.

Sometimes I make choices for others
Thinking they need my help.
But we all must make our own choices.
Why don't I remember that?

The choices we make ... make our lives.
They make us ... Us.

¸.•*(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸

1 comment:

DanD said...

You have identified a core view: we make our lives and ourselves. I read this after I watched a PBS TV show called "Next Nostrdamus". In that show, the point was made that the future of mankind was determined by the choices we make. In the sense of choices we are creators.