Monday, February 2, 2009

~*~ The Door ~*~

Each time, not quite remembering,
I pause at this most amazing door
Made of angel wings and fairy tails.
It shimmers in the mist of time and dreams.

Love is the doorway
Into another universe
And I enter once more.

The pathway glimmers and shimmers
Flowers of I-love-you's
Are planted along the way.
The air is filled with their perfume.

Forests of hope
Gleam in the distance.
Vines of forever
Tangle and slow my step.

Laughter floats in the air
Like notes from the songs of Angels.
I move ever higher into the clouds,
Where happy memories are made,
Wanting so to reach the highest peak.

Finally, I step onto the pinnacle
At the very tippy top
And I pause to look down.
My heart skips a beat.

The path has lost its glow.
The shimmer of excitement
Seems to fade away into the distance,
Now I am pushed down this dark path.

My feet that had been
As light as feathers
Floating in the breeze
Now seem stuck.

The swamp of despair
Made from my tears
Slows my steps.
I am stuck in this muddy mess
That I have made.

I slog through
The downward spiral
Of my tear soaked mire.
The light is almost totally gone.
Darkness surrounds me.

I pause again at a doorway,
No angel wings or fairy tails,
No, they have flown away
On the currents of my making.

I step through this door
And it slams shut behind me.
I hear an echo of my voice
Saying: "I love you."

And then, hurled at me
Like the sharpest of knives
As it cuts into my very soul
I hear only: "I like you too."

Time stops;
Eternity pauses
And my beautiful door
Crumbles into dust.
~*~

4 comments:

Wildstar Beaumont said...

lovely ! :)

Michael Wells said...

This is beautiful and sad. Must all relationships go bad? Maybe not .....but when they do they start out beautiful like this and end just like this.....

Anonymous said...

Hola!!!

I like your poems. They are beautiful. Especially those when mystery, imagetry and reallity emerge together.
"I pause again at a doorway,
No angel wings or fairy tails,
No, they have flown away
On the currents of my making.

I step through this door
And it slams shut behind me.
I hear an echo of my voice
Saying: "I love you." "

Keep up with the good work !!
KG

DanD said...

This poem seems to demonstrate the end of a wonderful way of living. yet, I feel that hope underlies it all. From the worst of events come the best of life.