Thursday, March 26, 2009

~*~ I Ponder ~*~



I ponder many things
Like ...
Lust and Love and Like.

Is Lust just a way to know each other?
Is it then lost on the way to Love?
Does Lust and Love give way to
"I like you"?

Is Lust just the desire to own or possess?
Is that not an amazing delicious thing?
Is Lust Love at all?

My love tells me
That Like is better then Love.
I like Love.

Can Like really be better then Love?
He says,
"True love is the total acceptance of others as they are.
True Like is enjoying the other with all their faults and foibles."

So ... which is better ... true Love or true Like?

In my heart ... Like and Love and Lust
Merge into the joy he brings me.
The happy moments in the day that I spend with him,
For me ... Like and Love and Lust
Are ... all ... what I feel for him.

2 comments:

Wildstar Beaumont said...

this is a wonderful poem !

DanD said...

When I read your poem, my first thought was that Love, Like, and Lust are each different facets of the sme thing. And that is what you concluded. How amzing!