Thursday, August 5, 2010

~*~ Brain Drain ~*~

How do you get your brain to turn back on?

It's kind of like when you have an old car and every time you go to turn it on you have panic wondering if this day is the day it really won't start. Brains are kind of the same. They need attention, nourishment, beauty to see, music to encourage the flow like water running over the edge of the craggy rocks that have blocked the flow for so long. Who will come along and help turn the key into the wonders of the universe?

So many things in the world - beauty, joy, sorrow, pain, love - so many abound. If the world is filled with all these things and more, where have my ideas gone? Did they fly away into the inky darkness of the night to hide behind the moon in one of its desolate craters? Are they hiding under the turbulent waves in an angry ocean? Did the sweet birds that come to my feeder each morning find them and take them away to their nests? All I want is for those amazing ideas to return. Imagine the stories they will have to tell.

Hidden in the shadows of my mind, struggling toward the light of conversation, sibilant whispering conversation, my secrets are inner turmoil seeking freedom, paths to others' ears.

My last thought, my very last thought, what will it be? I can only hope that I leave with a smile on my face, remembering all the good in my life, none of the bad, and really, really see that bright white amazing light that will draw me forth into ... More.

1 comment:

DanD said...

What a nice thought about our last thought. But I would want to focus on all the thoughts that I have from now until that last one. I want them all to make me better and to bring joy into my life. I want to revel in each one of the moment and anticiapate the next with hope. Right now, I have a nice thought about you and wich my hardest that all is well for you and that you enjoy the best of everything.