Monday, August 11, 2008

Forbidden love




A dance on a cloud
With a fragrant flower,
We stare unabashed into eyes
Only meant for others.

My heart long ago stolen
As I watched from afar
A lord held in cold lover's grasp
Heart broken as she fled.

His arms welcomed another.
Her songs filled his heart
To ease the ache from
His true love's loss.

A wedding planned
For all to see,
Her wish, not his,
He meant to please.

Could my eyes
So filled with tears
Watch vows exchanged
As two made one.

Her busy life was filled with Song.
Her arms held others
To fill her time.
I read her words and read his too.

She set him free
I think to see
His feeling true
Or not meant to be.

His first love back
As man and wife,
What part has she
In my lord's heart?

I hold him always
Deep inside
And sometimes
In the mist of clouds
We dance and gaze
Into lovers' eyes.

1 comment:

DanD said...

Ah, which of the three loves are forbidden? :-)
What insecurities are revealed here?
What need to control a lover as an only lover is demonstrated?
OR are these the natural feelings of all romantic relationships? Sometimes they come to the forefront and sometimes they are buried behind stronger emotions.