Friday, August 1, 2008

The purple dress


SHE SAID:

The purple dress of mine so loved
It flowed and shimmered like the waves.
It danced and spun for all to see
Afloat the purple passion sea
...
By chance her words by me were seen
My purple dress, unknown to me
had danced with him and not with me
had spun and twirled when love was new
And now my heart was pierced anew
...
For I am me and she is she
Does she believe I want to be
Another her for him, to please?
Am I so shallow I would change
A hair, my skin, and not be me?
...
Am I a ghost of her love past?
No, I am me and she is she
No ghost of her
Just he and me.
*~*

HE SAID:

My love did read a poem by her
The other purple dress complained
About the dress they shared that day
Made me wonder why they cared
...
So after dancing once with love
I sat in ease alone apart.
The other purple dress did ask
And I enfolded her in dance.
...
I saw my love by song entrance
She sitting near the feet of singer
A glare unseen of lovers eyes,
And she devoid of farewell fled
...
I danced with bliss so unaware
In the dark of night when she returned
It was a horrid moment. I learned
That I was lower then a worm
...
When purple dress asks me to dance,
So wisely I don't take a chance.
My loves tongue wags not chatterly
But sharply slashes pain in me
...
Now I no longer drown neck deep
From quicksand ignorance I'm free
Until my arms with comfort hold
Our love returns midst our fold

*~* The End *~*

1 comment:

DanD said...

Who you gonna believe? She or he? Maybe both are the truth. But are both honest? I wonder if we can ever know the honest truth about anything.